Who doesn’t love a pearly white smile and bright white teeth? Many people spend heaps of money just to achieve white teeth. But now with Perfora teeth whitening is easy!
Teeth whitening is the process of removing dirt and discolouration from your teeth using teeth whitening products or procedures. As it makes the teeth appear better, it is one of the most used cosmetic dentistry operations. Mostly done by applying a carbamide peroxide- or hydrogen peroxide-based chemical to the surface of the teeth at Perfora you get the teeth whitening products that are peroxide free and are a safer better procedure than others. The content present in the products breaks stains into smaller pieces and makes the colour less concentrated, resulting in brighter teeth.
There are two types of teeth whitening procedures:
The most prevalent form of whitening is vital whitening. It is done by a professional dentist where in they use a powerful whitening gel in conjunction with specific light, allowing bleaching to occur more quickly. It is only done on teeth with active nerves and employs a gel that is applied to the surface of your tooth. The gel contains hydrogen peroxide which is a vital ingredient for teeth whitening.
Non-Vital Whitening: Non-vital whitening is used to remove intrinsic discolouration on teeth and is most typically performed on a tooth having a root canal treatment.
With all these teeth whitening procedures prevailing, it is still not possible that all teeth can be whitened as discolouration on crowns, caps, veneers, and fillings do not usually react well to whitening as well on brown, grey, or black teeth caused by injury or medication. Some tooth darkening is also an indication of a more serious disease and should be evaluated by your oral health practitioner.
Also as we get old our enamel thins and our dentin (The harder component of teeth and primary cause of tooth colour) darkens, making our teeth seem yellower. Yellow tooth discolouration, fortunately, usually responds favorably to teeth whitening solutions.
While using any teeth whitening products or teeth whitening treatments, there are things to consider
Pros of Teeth Whitening
- Enhance your facial appeal - this may be the major reason you desired a brilliant white grin. You may wish to remove some discolouration or stain caused by smoking or excessive coffee or tea use.
- Take Home Whitening Kits - This is the only dental procedure that can be done at home and is also inexpensive. Of course, you should see your dentist first to determine the best whitening kit to use.
- Although most teeth whitening procedures include hydrogen peroxide, Perfora ensures that your oral hygiene stays at par and brings you peroxide-free teeth whitening products that are safer and helps you get sparkling white teeth.
- Immediate results - Unlike other dental procedures, whitening products give you immediate results, especially if it is done properly by your dentist. You will notice a significant difference in less than 2 hours.
Cons of Teeth Whitening
- Teeth Sensitivity - When using a whitening product, you may experience discomfort. Especially if you already have sensitive teeth.
- The whitening effect is not everlasting and varies from person to person. People who smoke cigarettes and consume a lot of coffee and tea will have a shorter effect.
- Changes in your food consumption - you may need to avoid certain foods and drinks to keep your teeth whiter. You will no longer be allowed to smoke cigarettes.
- It has no effect on the colour of your veneers/crowns. When you proceed with teeth whitening, you will have an inconsistent colour of teeth if your teeth match your crown or veneer.
- Teeth Whitening Powder: Perfora offers two types of teeth whitening powder
a) Teeth Whitening Powder- Triple mint is a natural extract that helps in oral hygiene. It is formulated with Baking soda, a substance shown to naturally whiten teeth, which is then combined with diamateacous earth, an abrasive that removes plaque and tartar.
b) Teeth Whitening Powder - Watermelon Mint: Perfora’s rock salt teeth whitening powder contains bromelain, an ingredient that has been shown to naturally whiten teeth, as well as activated charcoal, which acts as an abrasive to remove plaque and tartar.
- Teeth Whitening Pen- Vanilla Mint: Perfora's teeth whitening pen is carefully prepared with Phthalimidoperoxycaproic Acid (PAP), Hydroxyapatite, and potent natural ingredients for optimal results. An easy solution that will give you bright white teeth.
Now that you know everything about getting your teeth whitened, keep your dental hygiene in check with Perfora Oral Hygiene products which will help you flaunt a big bright white smile!