White teeth are associated with not just oral health care but with a complete list of components affecting one’s personality. With increasing awareness about personality grooming, professionalism, presentability, and global standards of competition and competencies, people are increasingly and rapidly working towards checking all the boxes on the perfect personality list. One of the most sought physical qualities related to personality and presentability is white teeth and a bright smile!
When you speak with someone for the first time, or ever, your face reflects your personality - and teeth play a major role in shaping opinions about your personality in other people’s minds. A sharper and cleaner-looking person is likely to leave a more effective and longer-lasting impact in conversations, presentations, meetings, and such. This is one of the leading reasons why teeth whitening is becoming a fairly common practice among people everywhere. Unlike a few years ago, teeth whitening now is not considered a luxury or a very elite practice since it is now preferred by most professionals of all cadres, and is increasingly easily available and affordable - being offered by several players in the market.
However, complete awareness of the concept, the science, the effects, and other factors - especially including what products to use and avoid is absolutely necessary before you take your final call on whether to go for it or not and how to go about it if you must. There are products of all kinds available in retail stores that claim to whiten teeth, however, these products may be different from the professional teeth whitening treatments that professional doctors and dentists offer you in a clinical setting. Let’s look into some of these factors of difference to understand it better.
Professional Teeth Whitening Methods
There are many ways one can go about teeth whitening in today’s day and time. A professional teeth whitening procedure or treatment is obviously a more formal and effective way to go about it. While there are products available in the markets that also allow natural teeth whitening, they may or may not be as long-lasting, effective, safe, and proper as a professional teeth whitening treatment. One major difference apart from the impact and efficiency of methods is definitely the teeth whitening cost involved in both cases. A professional procedure or method may allow you a better outcome but would cost you a good amount for it; on the other hand, easily accessible and inexpensive kits and products on the market may allow you shorter lived impact and effect for a cheaper teeth whitening cost. The science behind both the products and natural teeth whitening methods, however, remains fairly similar.
Hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide are the two most commonly used components used to administer teeth whitening. Unlike products like toothpaste and toothbrushes intended towards whitening that use grainy ingredients to mechanically remove stains, the oxygen molecules within these whitening agents work on the physical structure and root of the stains, plaque, and other yellowing components at the very molecular level.
While many over-the-counter products that claim to whiten tooth surfaces also use a form of peroxide, the difference between these products and a dentist-led professional teeth whitening is the chemical concentration, and the professional tools used.
Teeth Whitening Cost, Time, Longevity: A Comparison
Let us talk about a few factors you may consider weighing between professional treatments and take-home kits and trays before you make up your mind on how to go about whitening your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Cost: Cost is a major factor people may consider before choosing or deciding on any product or procedure. The same is applicable to teeth whitening. There are countless home remedies and homemade product recipes available all across the internet that involve negligible costs, yet claim natural teeth whitening at home. However, for the ones ready to speed up the process, you may want to consider over-the-counter products. If you’d like an immediate result, you should consider going for a professional service. Now, let’s talk money. In India, commonly used over-the-counter teeth whitening products would cost you anything between INR 200 and INR 500. On the other hand, on average, a professional teeth whitening procedure in India would cost you anything between INR 7,000 and INR 15,000.
- Time: Time and urgency of any requirement may be relative and may matter more to some as compared to others. As far as the time involved in whitening of teeth is concerned, obviously, a professional teeth whitening treatment would use concentrated products in a clinical setting - which would allow you your desired results in one to five sittings of 60 to 90 minutes each - depending on the severity of the yellowing of your teeth. On the other hand, different teeth whitening products may claim similar results in different time spans. On average, however, any product would not give you similar results in less than several weeks, or even a month.
- Longevity: The golden rule of life, especially oral healthcare is that prevention is always better than a cure. While natural teeth whitening products and affordable treatments are exceedingly more available in almost all parts of the country and the world, there is absolutely no substitute for proper oral care in terms of brushing teeth, flossing, and tongue cleaning - all at least two times a day. Apart from that eating and drinking mindfully - avoiding staining food/drink items like wine, coffee, tea, and such, and avoiding consumables that harm teeth like aerated drinks, cigarettes, and others are considered good practices in oral care.
However, talking of the longevity of teeth whitening when you have passed the stage of prevention is relative and depends on the type of remedy you are adopting. In any case, no treatments or remedies may reverse teeth whitening completely or prevent yellowing forever. While comparing professional treatments and over-the-counter products in this matter would definitely conclude in professional treatments allow better longevity. Depending on the oral care you maintain, professionally whitened teeth may also last for as little as 6 months and as long as multiple years. On the other hand, with natural teeth whitening methods and products, you would require using the products regularly for longer periods of time while being extremely mindful of your oral care regimen.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening
Advantages of teeth whitening of any kind may include:
- A better and brighter smile
- Enhanced confidence and self-esteem
- Better personal and professional interactions
- Increased presentability and groomed personality
- Healthier teeth and mouth
Disadvantages of teeth whitening may include:
- Temporary solution
- Need for repeat treatments
- Increased teeth sensitivity and weakness
- Increased gum irritation and reactions
- Expensive and recurring investment
At Perfora, we design the most efficient and effective oral care products for your every oral care need! From a range of ergonomic toothbrushes and flossers to flavorful toothpaste and mouthwashes, we have it all.
A collection designed by experts and approved by professionals, Perfora’s range of dental care products is exemplary in all available categories when compared to its alternatives or competitors. The trendy and colourful brand identity gives its products a presentable and attractive look that adds value to their countless qualities otherwise.
We have the following natural teeth whitening products available for you to buy and start using today if you would like to elevate your everyday oral care with us!
- Teeth Whitening Pen - Vanilla Mint
- Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder - Watermelon Mint
- Teeth Whitening Powder - Triple Mint
Our teeth-whitening powders are made with mindfully chosen natural extracts equipped with the ability to eliminate stains caused by coffee, wine, and even smoking. Easy to use and available in freshening flavours, these powders contain sodium bicarbonate, natural oil, mint, and aloe vera extracts - formulated cruelty-free without any parabens or artificial sweeteners.
“Thank you, I didn’t realise that oral care could be so convenient, comfortable and hygienic. I’ve been using it for a month now and the results are visible…” - a happy customer!
Don’t wait, place your orders today on our website!