I know it’s been a while since we stuck to our weekly Sunday newsletter. Well, no excuses. We missed out on being regular at writing these letters due to a variety of reasons. In all honesty, we were and are figuring out so many things that this just took a little backseat. Building a business with 200% responsibility is tough and anything worthwhile is never easy. So, as I said, no excuses.
However, now, we are back, and hopefully, you will see us weekly in your inbox.
This email is going to be a little philosophical and a few updates on our end and what all can you expect in the coming few weeks.
Over the last weeks, I have realized the importance of taking things a little slow. Ever since we founded this brand, we have been in a hurry to build and scale fast. This has been a thought primarily because we want to be a company with a high growth trajectory, become category leaders in the new age of oral care, be the talk of the town, etc. etc. Our aspirations still remain the same though I have started thinking a lot more long-term in terms of growth, how we want to build, and what we want to build.
Incidentally, for a fairly long time, I have believed in the philosophy of Slow is Good. I picked this up from one of my all-time favorite brands Natural Ice Cream. I’m in love with their brand, products, and philosophy. If you would like to give it a read, click here.
I got a little distracted when we started thinking about building a brand because I wanted to launch fast, scale fast and build fast. In the hindsight, good things take time, and even while building Perfora, things have taken their time despite trying everything from our side. For instance, it took us about 7 months to develop India’s Sleekest Electric Toothbrush or about 10 months to formulate our Effective and Delicious Toothpaste range.
In a nutshell, I’m still in the process of figuring things out however I've decided not to be extremely anxious when things are taking a little longer or not panning out the way, they should be. I’m confident if we keep doing what we do best i.e. develop great products, communicate honestly and service our customers well, we will surpass our own expectations. It might take a little longer but it will happen.
As a first-time entrepreneur, I have now realized the importance of the new Financial Year i.e. April, and all compliances that come along with it. It’s a little boring but one has to do a few things to operate legally, which is a must.
Quick Updates -
- We are growing our team & are looking to onboard a bunch of talented folks who can really help us scale the brand. We are hiring across the board and if you think you love what we are building and can help us out, reply to this email. Refer to this link to know more.
- We have onboarded an expert (i.e. dentist) as a part of our team. A lot of people in our community wanted to seek professional advice while interacting with us and this got us thinking about how can we help our consumers better. We will reveal more about this expert soon! (Hint below)
- After a lot of deliberation, we finally decided to launch our brand in offline retail. Last month, we got started with Le Marche, one of the most premium and successful supermarkets in Delhi NCR. We are now live in their Golf Course Store, Gurgaon. If you are in Gurgaon, do visit and support us. It will really mean a lot to us :)
- Last month, for the very first time, we collaborated with another brand i.e. Conscious Chemist for a Free Gift Offer and so many people loved this initiative. We are still getting emails / DMs if the offer is live. Unfortunately, we have stopped this offer though there will be something exciting happening soon. Stay Tuned!
- For all those people who would like to order another Electric Toothbrush for someone in your family, we are running Deal of the Week, and believe me, this is an offer, that isn’t to be missed. It really doesn’t get better. You get a mouthwash + electric toothbrush only for INR 1199. ONE LAST CHANCE.
- In the process of thinking about how can we communicate honestly and more effectively with our audience, I ended up writing the copy for an ad, and to a little extent, it went viral on Facebook/Instagram and then on Linkedin. You can read about it here. As an entrepreneur, you got to do pretty much everything to build the brand and now I’m feeling like a pseudo influencer, you know, early days for me.
Lastly, the only thing I would request you is to keep continuing supporting a young brand like ours by spreading the word in your network, replenishing your oral care products, and sometimes gifting better oral health to your loved ones with Perfora.
Thank you for your unparalleled support and trust.